As a company your published accounts have to comply with generally accepted accounting principles and the requirements of the Companies Act.
If you are a sole trader or a partnership accounts have to be prepared and included in your annual tax return to comply with the Taxes Act.
We can help you to meet these obligations by taking your accounting records, manual or computerised, and producing final accounts for you.
If you are considering computerising your accounts we can advise on the package most suitable for your business and help you to set it up. If you are already using a package but feel you have outgrown it we can help you with the transition to new software.
Our Accountancy Service leaves you more time to run your business with full confidence that your obligations under the Acts are fully complied with.
We provide a comprehensive corporate tax service to small and medium-sized, owner-managed businesses.
Our goal is to minimise your corporate tax liabilities as far as possible and taking into account, where appropriate, your personal taxation requirements.
Our Corporate Taxation services include: -
- Computerised tax computation and return service
- Completion of quarterly Inland Revenue returns
- Negotiate with the Inland Revenue if required
- Advising on tax efficient remuneration
- Advising on what expenditure is, and what is not, allowable against tax
- Advising on the timing of fixed asset additions, and the maximising of capital allowances
- Optimising the use of tax losses
- Advice on dividend policy
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- A fully computerised payroll bureau
- VAT consultancy
Our Personal Tax Return service is designed to make compliance with Self Assessment as easy as possible for you. Our professional and experienced team of personal tax specialists will help you to meet filing deadlines, and ensure you pay the right amount of tax at the right time after taking into account all appropriate deductions.
To cater for each individual’s needs we provide the following range of services:
- Preparation of income tax return
- Calculation of tax for the tax return year
- Submission of the completed return to H.M. Inspector of Taxes
- Calculation of future tax liabilities and advice on due dates of payment
- Advice on any tax repayments
- Checking and agreeing Inland Revenue demands and personal tax coding
Failure to comply with Self-Assessment regulations results in automatic penalties to the taxpayer. Our Personal Taxation service provides peace of mind that all due dates and all liability for tax have been met.
Paperwork can all too easily absorb large amounts of the working week leaving you less time to focus on the key tasks of finding and looking after your customers.
Our computerised book-keeping services using TASBooks will free you up to do what you do best.
If you are just getting started we can help you set up your books correctly and enter initial transactions for you to then follow. Or if you would like ongoing support, for manual or computerised systems, this can also be provided.
And if you are a further afield, location is not a problem. We currently have clients in Cornwall, Bath, Dorset and London who send us a monthly package for processing.
If you are registered for VAT you are required to submit VAT returns monthly, quarterly or annually depending on which scheme you have registered with. Failure to submit VAT returns on time can incur a financial penalty with is calculated as a % of the total VAT payable.
All Bookkeeping Clients have their VAT Returns prepared as part of our service, and for non-Bookkeeping Clients we are able to check draft VAT Returns for errors and omissions and to file Returns on-line.
Whatever the size of your organisation, our computerised, cost-effective Payroll Service will save you both time and money on a regular basis.
The key features of our Payroll Service are:
- Tailored to meet your payroll deadlines, pay dates and report requirements
- Computerised payslips providing a detailed analysis of net pay for each employee
- Full supporting printouts providing analysis of staff costs
- Computation of statutory sick and maternity pay
- Attendance and support from us during PAYE and National Insurance audits
- Dealing with RTI submissions, including preparing P60s, P45s and P46s.
Management accounts provide a useful and timely analysis of how your business is performing now and how you expect it to perform in the next month or quarter depending on the frequency with which they are prepared. Whilst there is no legal requirement to prepare management accounts they are invaluable in helping you to make appropriate management decisions about your business.
For our Bookkeeping Clients we are able to prepare Management Accounts in-house. We are also able to prepare Management Accounts from your computerised accounts on-site at your offices.
Company Secretarial Services
Maintenance of registers
We will keep the company’s statutory affairs up to date, maintaining all the registers. This includes notifying any changes as they occur in directors, registered offices, year-end or share capital and ensuring that these changes and minutes of all formal meetings are kept in the company’s statutory books.
We will also ensure compliance with all the other requirements of the Registrar of Companies.
Meetings and resolutions
For a company, formal business decisions are taken either in “meeting” or by “circulated resolutions” as authorised in the company’s Articles of Association. Where circulated resolutions are involved, we can prepare and distribute them to directors and members.
We can also make your meetings more successful by:
- Advising on the type of meeting and resolution needed
- Serving all the appropriate notices, prepare agendas, proxies and attendance lists.
- Drafting the resolutions
- Attending to any statutory consequences of decisions taken, such as filing the appropriate documents.
If you are not sure where to locate your registered office or just need a central point for communication from Companies House and the Inland Revenue, then why not use our office?
We can receive important correspondence and deal with it on your behalf, so taking another pressure away from your busy schedule.
We can very quickly set up a company on-line or can also offer the following services:
- Changing the company name or checking that the name is available.
- Preparing or amending the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Notifying Companies House.
- Writing up the statutory registers.
- Dealing with VAT registration
- Establishing a PAYE scheme.
- Establishing a corporation tax reference.
- Completion of initial board minutes.
We also have expertise in:
- Adapting business structure to reflect changes in the operation of the business
- The incorporation of partnerships and sole traders